About Giltedge Travel
We create life changing travel experiences as responsible destination experts by offering value with integrity, creativity and flexibility.
GILTEDGE TRAVEL is a South African private company owned and managed by our directors - Sean Kritzinger and Murray Gardiner. Recently awarded the title of South Africa’s Leading Luxury Tour Operator, Giltedge Travel is an Inbound Tour Operator specializing in tailor-made itineraries for international clients visiting South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Rwanda, Madagascar, Mauritius and the Seychelles.
We offer self-drive itineraries throughout Southern Africa, fly in safaris and game lodge experiences, luxury train travel, vehicle hire, luxury hotel and guesthouse accommodation, meet and assist services at major airports, qualified SATOUR registered tour guides (including foreign language guides), special interest tours (e.g MBA / Study Group, botany, birding, fishing, walking), air and boat charter, chauffeur drive services, IATA ticketing for all international and domestic airfare requirements and mobile phone rentals.
Why International Travel Agents & Tour Operators choose to work with GILTEDGE TRAVEL
Personal face to face meetings with a member of our management team in the travel agent’s office as part of our regular marketing trips to the USA. This makes our association a very real one and builds long lasting mutually beneficial relationships for all concerned.
- High quality coffee table publication published every two years so always up to date
- Beautifully presented portfolio of luxurious hotels, game lodges and unique accommodations across the African continent & Indian Ocean Islands
- Utilized by skilful travel agents to enhance and expand their product knowledge of the region
- Valuable sales tool for travel agents when discussing the various options available with their clients
- Mailing house in the USA enables us to send brochures to interested parties within a few days
Our Inbound Team
- boasts a combined experience of 70 years through our small, dedicated and knowledgeable group of 6 inbound consultants
- are well travelled and, in most cases, there will be at least one of them who has personally experienced the destination your client is interested in visiting
- strive for excellence in all spheres of travel and destination management thereby enhancing the service of international travel agents who entrust us with meeting their client’s once in a life time vacation expectations
- pride themselves on a high level of personal service and professionalism within the tourism industry; receive in-depth training and utilize the latest technology (Travelogic) in order to provide an accurate and efficient service to all our clients
- has the experience and empathy required to handle the special needs of travellers who are physically disabled and / or visually impaired
Our itineraries are prepared with integrity, creativity, flexibility and more importantly – attention to detail throughout the planning process and execution of the itinerary.
Our quotations take into account the client’s needs and budget by providing the best value for money without compromising on the quality of service provided by our respective suppliers.
Our rates are extremely competitive as we are a member of a large consortium of operators – TRAVELSMART CREW - which enables us to negotiate the best possible prices for our agents and their clients.
In addition, we strive to be pro-active by updating our agents regularly on specials we receive from our preferred suppliers. We are happy to compile a flyer with your company logo to distribute amongst your client base.
Our team of expert consultants are well versed in handling all our clients travel needs. We have a range of suppliers and products, each cherry picked for the quality and services they can offer our clients.
Our methodology includes all invoicing and administration. Individual vouchers, documentation, maps and relevant brochures are collated for clients.
One-stop-shop for the discerning client’s travel needs – car hire; private air and boat charters; sporting and adventure activities; meet and greet services, private day tours in the major cities; fully guided tours; special interest tours (eg botanical, golf, astronomy, gourmet, wine); international and domestic air tickets (we have 4 IATA agencies) as well as all other travel related services.
Our International Marketing team is actively involved in promoting travel to Southern Africa, East Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands in order tempt travellers to experience a variety of destinations in our part of the world.
Giltedge Travel provides employment and equal opportunities to all, regardless of race, sex or creed.
Our Services to Tour Operators abroad include
- Ground handling of all activities for international travellers.
- Tailor made itineraries to suit the client’s needs.
- Quotations and planning according to the client’s budget.
- Booking and confirmation of all arrangements for clients.
- Invoicing and administration.
- A 24-hour 7 days a week emergency mobile phone hotline.
- Access to the appointed consultant 24/7 whilst clients are travelling
- Interactive mapping of clients’ individual itineraries using a programme called Wetu Virtual Itinerary (see details below). It’s a great way to communicate with your clients and determine what they would like included in their itinerary.
WETU Virtual Itinerary
The Wetu Virtual Itinerary will give International Tour Operators and their agents the ability to provide their client with a personalised Virtual Itinerary overlaid on the Wetu Interactive Map together with the traditional itinerary and costing. This will allow the client to access detailed information (text, images, videos, virtual, tours, etc) on about destination, activities and hotels that are suggested. It can be personalised with logos according to the operators or agents preference
The benefits above will greatly assist our Tour Operators and their agents to convert an enquiry into a booking.
Benefits to Tour Operators and their respective travel agents :
- Provide an interactive map of the itinerary
- Allow them to interact with their itinerary
- Allow them to research the destinations
- Get access to the rich media on the Map
- Get access to local information
- Differentiate your itinerary from others