About Stella Spalding
A new addition to the Giltedge team, Stella come to us with over six years’ experience in the travel industry and is based in Denver, Colorado. She has travel to Tanzania and witnessed the Great Wildebest Migration, found the “Little 5” in Samburu National Park in Kenya, swan in the Okavango Delta in Botswana, took a dip in the Devil’s Pool at Victoria Falls, spent the day with the Himba tribe in Namibia, and enjoyed wine in the vineyards of South Africa – just to list a few. Stella is excited to share her adventures with you and help you to make yours dream trip a reality. Outside of traveling, Stella is passionate about food & wine, finding the best camping spots Colorado has to offer, and spending time with her friends and family.
Q&A with Stella
- Bush or Beach? Without a doubt, the bush has my heart. There is nothing better that exploring by foot or in a 4x4 safari vehicle for wildlife. Any the African sunsets with a G&T cannot be beat.
- Cruises or Trains? Can I choose both?!? I can take the train to Victoria Falls and then hop on the Zambezi Queen and explore Chobe National Park from the Chobe River.
- My tip for flying is ... You really can travel two weeks with only 33 to 44lbs of luggage. Many of the camps offer laundry service, sometimes complimentary, and the wildlife isn’t bothered by see you in the same outfit.
- Best Safari Destination? Okavango Delta in Botswana – here you can experience both land-based activities (game drives and walking safari) and water-based activities (mokoro, motorboat, and fishing).
- Golf or Fishing? Fishing! It’s great to spend a morning on the river or in the delta trying your luck with a fishing pole.