Tanzania is home to the highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro, the coral reefs of Zanzibar and the Great Rift Valley. The scenery is simply spectacular!
Highlights during any trip to Tanzania include:
- Lake Manyara: Wonderfully scenic and world famous for its flamingos and tree climbing lions.
- Ngorongoro Crater: Its setting is unbelievable, as is the density and diversity of wildlife.
- Mount Kilimanjaro: The snow covered peak of this majestic mountain.
- Selous Game Reserve: For those that want an “off the beaten track” experience, this is the place.
- Serengeti National Park: Teeming with wildlife, the Reserve is famous for the Great Migration.
- Tarangire National Park: The hidden gem of the northern circuit.
- Zanzibar: A dream beach destination, off the coast of the country.
Best time to travel:
- The most popular months are January and February, when the weather is hot and dry and the wildlife tends to congregate around waterholes.
- From June to October the Migration takes place and it’s an extremely busy (and exciting!) time to visit.
- During the long rains (March to May) travel isn’t recommended.
Travel Regions Within Tanzania
This is an archipelago comprising Zanzibar and Pemba islands as well as several smaller islets and is located in the Indian Ocean off the Tanzanian coastline. The irresistibly romantic Zanzibar Island (known locally as Unguja, but as Zanzibar internationally) is characterized by beautiful sandy beaches and fascinating historical Stone Town, a...
Read more: Zanzibar accommodation & travel info
Serengeti & Northern Circuit
The parks in the north of Tanzania are some of the most popular safari destinations in the world; partly because of the opportunity to view the annual Wildebeest Migration from the Serengeti to Masai Mara in Kenya.
Visitors to the northern safari circuit are attracted to the plains of the Serengeti, the vast volcanic bowl of the Ngorongoro...